Thursday, May 10, 2007

A blog is born

I started this blog after composing this little rant on May 10th, 2007, so I'll date this post to that day, call it a blog, and then try to explain myself.

I just realized something: Bill Simmons, the Sports Guy, is the anti-Bill James. Like James, Simmons is an excellent writer with a great knack for popularizing his ideas. I often enjoy Simmons's columns immensely; I am always reminding myself to cut blog subscriptions, and Simmons always makes the cuts. But Simmons's reasoning is TERRIBLE. He's just a dreadful analyst in many ways, foremost among them his constant use of misleading statistics combined with reflexively anti-intellectual bashing of stat geeks (like me, it should be noted). Perhaps the next blog in my life needs to be sportsguytalkincrazyagain.blogspot.com.

0 comments: